Return a list of the start and end time of the last 10 bookings (ordered by the time at which they end, followed by the time at which they start) in the system.
Answers and Discussion Show
select starttime, starttime + slots*(interval '30 minutes') endtime
order by endtime desc, starttime desc
This question simply returns the start time for a booking, and a calculated end time which is equal to start time + (30 minutes * slots). Note that it's perfectly okay to multiply intervals.
The other thing you'll notice is the use of order by and limit to get the last ten bookings. All this does is order the bookings by the (descending) time at which they end, and pick off the top ten.
You can multiply an interval by the number of slots in a booking.
- Alt-h: Show/Hide Help menu
- Alt-r: Run query
- Alt-x: Run selected text as query
- Alt-s: Run query by cursor (delimited by whitespace/semi-colon)
- You can double click on each of the panes of Expected Result/Your answer to quickly resize them.
- If you have trouble remembering the database schema, you can leave this popup open while you work on your answer.
- Don't forget to use the hint button if you're stuck!