Return a count of bookings for each month, sorted by month
Answers and Discussion Show
select date_trunc('month', starttime) as month, count(*)
group by month
order by month
This one is a fairly simple reuse of concepts we've seen before. We simply count the number of bookings, and aggregate by the booking's start time, truncated to the month.
You're probably going to want the date_trunc function again.
- Alt-h: Show/Hide Help menu
- Alt-r: Run query
- Alt-x: Run selected text as query
- Alt-s: Run query by cursor (delimited by whitespace/semi-colon)
- You can double click on each of the panes of Expected Result/Your answer to quickly resize them.
- If you have trouble remembering the database schema, you can leave this popup open while you work on your answer.
- Don't forget to use the hint button if you're stuck!