Question Get the day of the month from the timestamp '2012-08-31' as an integer.
Answers and Discussion Show
select extract(day from timestamp '2012-08-31');
The EXTRACT function is used for getting sections of a timestamp or interval. You can get the value of any field in the timestamp as an integer.
The easiest way to do this is with the EXTRACT function.
- Alt-h: Show/Hide Help menu
- Alt-r: Run query
- Alt-x: Run selected text as query
- Alt-s: Run query by cursor (delimited by whitespace/semi-colon)
- You can double click on each of the panes of Expected Result/Your answer to quickly resize them.
- If you have trouble remembering the database schema, you can leave this popup open while you work on your answer.
- Don't forget to use the hint button if you're stuck!