Produce a list of facilities along with their total revenue. The output table should consist of facility name and revenue, sorted by revenue. Remember that there's a different cost for guests and members!
Answers and Discussion Show
select facs.name, sum(slots * case
when memid = 0 then facs.guestcost
end) as revenue
from cd.bookings bks
inner join cd.facilities facs
on bks.facid = facs.facid
group by facs.name
order by revenue;
The only real complexity in this query is that guests (member ID 0) have a different cost to everyone else. We use a case statement to produce the cost for each session, and then sum each of those sessions, grouped by facility.
Remember the CASE statement!
- Alt-h: Show/Hide Help menu
- Alt-r: Run query
- Alt-x: Run selected text as query
- Alt-s: Run query by cursor (delimited by whitespace/semi-colon)
- You can double click on each of the panes of Expected Result/Your answer to quickly resize them.
- If you have trouble remembering the database schema, you can leave this popup open while you work on your answer.
- Don't forget to use the hint button if you're stuck!