Produce a list of the total number of slots booked per facility. For now, just produce an output table consisting of facility id and slots, sorted by facility id.
Answers and Discussion Show
select facid, sum(slots) as "Total Slots"
group by facid
order by facid;
Other than the fact that we've introduced the SUM aggregate function, there's not a great deal to say about this exercise. For each distinct facility id, the SUM function adds together everything in the slots column.
For this one you'll need to check out the SUM aggregate function.
- Alt-h: Show/Hide Help menu
- Alt-r: Run query
- Alt-x: Run selected text as query
- Alt-s: Run query by cursor (delimited by whitespace/semi-colon)
- You can double click on each of the panes of Expected Result/Your answer to quickly resize them.
- If you have trouble remembering the database schema, you can leave this popup open while you work on your answer.
- Don't forget to use the hint button if you're stuck!